Today I received my first acceptance letter into Southwestern Law School, located in downtown Los Angeles. The scholarship committee also offered me the prestigious Wildman Scholarship for $18,500 for the 2009-10 school year, and it's renewable! I'm really relieved to have the first acceptance letter. It has taken a bit of a load off my shoulders knowing I'm going somewhere next fall and I won't have to move out of the city. I'm still waiting on responses from Loyola, Pepperdine, Lewis and Clark, UCLA, and UC Irvine. They all have notified me that they received my application packages and I should be hearing back between end of January and April.

I'm looking forward to getting my letters back and making the best decision for my schooling based upon: rank, where firms interview, scholarships, distance from Jeleen's, student body atmosphere, and student-professor relations. I not only want to go to a good school, but the atmosphere and cost of the school is also very important to me. I want to enjoy the experience as much as possible.
In the meantime, I'm still searching for a job. Hopefully this will be easier after the holiday season since many places aren't hiring before Christmas anyway. I'll be applying to PR Firms, TV stations, and even some law firms for paralegal positions. Please continue to keep me in your prayers as I try to figure out my place in this city.
Although the job-hunting phase is a bit stressful, it's been nice to have Jason around. He's really
gone out of his way to make me comfortable by introducing me to new people and showing me the sights. I'm really looking forward to dinner at Disneyland for Christmas. (Not to mention it's gonna take place at the Blue Bayou Restaurant, located in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride!) This past weekend we went out to the Getty Museum and I especially enjoyed walking around and admiring the art. There are so many things to enjoy in LA and I hope this is only the beginning!
Have a great holiday everyone!




3 comments:
Congratulations! That is so great about law school and everything-good for you. Jason sounds nice- I will have to see what mom thinks of him...lol
Finally a new post! Congrats on your first letter, hopefully the first of many. For sure you will be in law school next fall. Congrats for goin for it! We are proud of you and the drive you have for yourself. I like the pictures and I'm glad Jason is good to you. Of course we miss you, but know you are doing what you need to do.
love ya!!!
Congrats on the acceptance letter and the scholarship. Really was not a surprise to us as you usually get what you go after and that makes us mighty proud.
AHHHHHHHHHHHH sweet young love!!!!
Sounds like you have found MR. Right... I will let you know what I think after I meet him,but from what you tell me he sounds like THE ONE. Take Care and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Post a Comment