CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

.::Pretend like it's the Weekend::.

"Can't you see that its just raining? Ain't no need to go outside... but Baby, you hardly even notice when I try to show you this song is meant to keep ya from doing what your supposed to, like waking up too early. Maybe we can sleep in. I'll make you banana pancakes; pretend like its the weekend now. We could pretend it all the time..."

~Jack Johnson, Banana Pancakes ~

Thursday, January 15, 2009

2 more down; 3 to go

.::NEWS FLASH::.

Hey everyone! Well, it sure has been a busy few weeks. I hope everyone had a happy new year. This New Year's celebration was low key, but perfect. I ended up staying in Irvine and making my chip dip while we watched movies and the celebration in NYC and drank Dom. We had a really great time. A lot of our friends went to Vegas, but seeing as how I still haven't found a job, I decided staying behind would be more "financially responsible." Can you believe that?

Despite my desire to save money, Jason suffered from cabin fever over the extended weekend and he got tickets to the Charger/Colts game in San Diego. The game was incredible! I don't know if you watched it, but the Chargers won in over time after tying the game just before the regulation time ended. My favorite player was Darren Sproles. He really won the game for San Diego (with the help of the punter's incredible game). He's only 5.6" and weighs less than 200lbs. He is a running back and got to take a lot of the snaps because the star, LaDainian Tomlinson, was out with an injury. I love it when the "little guy" does well and Sproles sure fit this description. Jason got sweet tickets in the club section, which is just beneath the media box on the home side. Unfortunately, the Chargers went on to lose this past weekend, but I've decided to become a fan. I still prefer college football, but it's about time I become a pro team fan. Seeing as how the Lions are perfectly terrible, the Chargers make a good choice.

In other exciting news, I was accepted to Loyola and Pepperdine Law Schools while grandma and grandpa visited this past week. It's so relieving to have them accept me and a lot of the pressure is off my shoulders. I'll admit, I cried like a little baby when I read Loyola's acceptance letter. It's so nice to have my hard work rewarded. I was really worried that my lower LSAT score would ruin me, but so far I'm 3 for 3. I also called UC Irvine because I hadn't received confirmation they received my admissions packet. They are currently reviewing my application and I should hear their decision soon. This means I am still waiting for UCI, UCLA, and Lewis and Clark. I'm quite confident I'll be accepted to Lewis and Clark. They invited me to a dinner in downtown LA to meet the dean, some faculty, and alums. One alum is a current attorney for NOAA and is working on salmon restoration in the Pacific NW, which of course is incredibly exciting for me. I have a tough decision to make and appreciate your prayers for direction in my life. I must make a decision by mid April and I'll keep you posted with what I'm thinking in the meantime.

Today is Grandpa and Jason's birthday. I'm going to Jason's family's house for dinner tonight to celebrate and will be back to Jeleen and Paul's tomorrow to celebrate Jeleen and Grandpa's birthdays. (We have quite a few Capricorns in the fam, huh?)

I'm really excited for Saturday because we're all going to Universal Studios for the day. (Don't worry, I won't cry on the tram ride or when I see ET.) It's been great having Grandma and Grandpa around for the week. We've been busy hiking and visiting Orange County. I had to leave today to come to Irvine to take a typing test for a job available with the Irvine Unified School District as Confidential Secretary to the superintendent. I'll find out how I scored this afternoon, although I'm positive I did well. I just had to have my speed, grammar, and ability to transcribe from a Dictaphone tested - all skills I'm confident in.

Well, that's it for now. It's been an exciting new year and I look forward to what's in store for me in the future!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

We are excited and anxious for you as well! We are very proud of all your hard work to get into law school and it is nice you are seeing the results! I hope you are able to find a job soon. It will keep you busy and also give you some money for the bank account.
As for all the capricorns,(Joel, Tom, Steve, Jeleen, Dad and now Jason) I'll have to do research on their characteristics! haha. Hope you had fun with Jason's family. I'm sure it will be fun on Sat too. Well we are still FREEZING here, please send us your nice weather.
miss you and love you bunches!!

Jen said...

Megan! This is great news. Good luck with the job search. Have you thought of going through a temp agency? You might be able to get a lead on a job that way and you'd probably be able to start working right away and get paid something at least. I bet with the economy that people are hiring more temps, just because it might be cheaper for companies.

.::Me & My Fiance::.

.::Me & My Fiance::.
The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for.

Let the Countdown Begin!