CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

.::Pretend like it's the Weekend::.

"Can't you see that its just raining? Ain't no need to go outside... but Baby, you hardly even notice when I try to show you this song is meant to keep ya from doing what your supposed to, like waking up too early. Maybe we can sleep in. I'll make you banana pancakes; pretend like its the weekend now. We could pretend it all the time..."

~Jack Johnson, Banana Pancakes ~

Friday, April 3, 2009

Help!

Hey everyone,

This is just a quick appeal for prayer. I was really impressed with Pepperdine when I visited today and need prayer for direction in a school. Both Loyola and Pepperdine are great schools and I have a tough decision ahead of me. Prayer, positive thoughts, and advice are welcome. A decision must be reached in the next 10 days. This could be life altering so support is needed... 

Thanks guys!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Of course we are praying that God directs your path, not only with school, but in all things. Take time to listen. Trust in making the choice that is best for YOU! Know that we love and support you.

Colleen said...

Hi Megs,
Sometime decisions are difficult to make, but what it really boils down to is in your heart of hearts where do you think you will be most comfortable? Only you can make this choice and do not let other opinions come into play, because in the end you will be the one that will have to live with the choice you make, and no one else! To Granpa and me, success is not measured by how wealthy one becomes,but on what kind of a person one is, and to be happy in our own skin. We were never rich with dollars, but feel very rich by having given our children a work ethic and gave them oppurtunities to reach their goals, not ours, but theirs.We never handed them monies for school or met all their wants, but we did meet their needs and gave them moral support and money when they absolutely needed it and when we had it to give. We trusted they would make the right choices and were sometime nervous about the ones they made, but we can look at them today with pride in the decisions they have made and I know that you will make the right decision for you.... That is what we want for you. I know you are nervous about this, but only you knows what is right for you! Love and Prayers, Grandma

Megan said...

Thank you Grandma. That really meant a lot to me. This was a difficult decision not simply because they are both great schools, but also because sometimes I think I'm too much like my mom: I like to please. I suppose one of the downsides of sharing all my thought processes with family is that I feel like I owe some explanation of what I'm doing. Ultimately, I've done a lot of thinking, discussing my thoughts with family and friends, and researching both options. I will decide by Thursday where I'm going... and I'll be doing it for me. It's just nice to have family supporting my decision regardless of what it may be. Thanks grandma... there's a reason I say you're "the best."

Jen said...

I don't have a lot of advice on this subject. I will say that in law I think the school and the reputation of the school is very important. I also know you want to pick the one with the highest entrance standards. Environment is very important as is the level of professor support and availability. In national rankings Loyola is #64 and Pepperdine is 75. I was surprised to see UW at #30.

.::Me & My Fiance::.

.::Me & My Fiance::.
The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for.

Let the Countdown Begin!