Ok. So this post may be a bit gross, but I know you all understand the situation so I figured I'd share what's going on:
Lately I've experienced a lot of menstrual pain. I'm having a hard time deciphering whether it's in my mind from not being as busy as normal, or if my condition is actually getting worse. About a week ago I nearly went to the emergency room for intense pains in my right side. I was a bit concerned it could be an appendix problem, but ended up not going to a doctor since the pain subsided after about five minutes. It was incredibly sharp and made it difficult to breathe. I think it may have been a cyst that burst, but then later that week I experienced a similar feeling on the left side. I've scheduled an appointment for Tuesday afternoon and will be having a regular examination. I'm also hoping to ask questions about endometriosis and cysts. My periods aren't super heavy (compared to mom's) but the cramping is pretty relentless. I just hope that everything's fine and if there is some sort of medication I could go on to better relieve the pain and help with potential cysts that'd be great. I'm currently taking Yaz, which has relieved the length (now it lasts 4 days as opposed to 7-10 days), however the cramping still makes it pretty difficult to get around. I keep telling myself I'm not sick and it will pass, but mind over matter has proved rather difficult. Mom wants me to look into minor surgical possibilities to help me though law school. (Which concerns me because the American Bar Association strictly regulates class absences. In order to miss more class than allowed by their regulations, you have to make a special requests to your professors as well as the ABA itself - Jeleen had to do this for her hysterectomy.) I hate to say it, but I'm actually somewhat looking forward to my exam tomorrow to find out what the heck is wrong, if anything at all. I've had cysts before when I was young and so I won't be surprised if this is the issue again. Oh the joys of womanhood.
On the happier note, Jason got the house! He closes the deal in two weeks. They finally caved and said they'd fix the issues after Jason and his parents threatened to pull out of the deal. Jason's been busy golfing lately trying to practice before playing with dad in July. He's a bit nervous and wants to focus on playing "good bogey golf" like my dad suggested.
I just finished the book Sham - in the Shadow of a Superhorse. It was a really great story and I was touched by the underlying messages of defeat, victory, giving your all, and how obsessed America is with the winner (nobody cares who comes in second - which is quite sad). The book was written by Mary Walsh and a classic for horse lovers. Her poetic opening is really touching and can apply to anyone, human or equine: "To those who tried their utmost at something they strongly believed in with their whole heart and mind and gave it their absolute all, only to find that it was not enough because they were at the wrong place at the wrong time." I'm going to start reading The Shack, by William Young next. My mom said it was a must read, so I'm going to try it out, although I'm pretty sure it'll be a tear-jerker.
J Pod has returned to the San Juan Islands and both infants appear to be in good health. It's crucial for the Southern Residents that these calves survive. I'm really struggling with missing the islands. I keep reading the San Juan Safaris blog and they talk about the whales they see and I can't help but wish I was seeing them too. I really miss J28, J1, J42, L72, and L105. It's so strange how attached I became to those animals and I really wish they lived off LA. I listen to the hydrophones every morning in hopes of hearing their calls. I suppose it's true. I am an orca dork aka a dorca.
From Left to Right: unknown, J22, J28, J34 (in background), unknown (surfacing in foreground)
"As I see it every day you do one of two things: build health or produce disease in yourself."
~ Adelle Davis ~




2 comments:
Hi
Sorry to hear you are having female problems.... I remember those days.. my period always lasted 7 days. They tried me on BC pills but I had blurred vision and head aches so I was not about to keep taking them. I toughed it out for many years and finaly the docs decided to do something and found out i had endometrious and they removed the uterus and the ovaries and tubes. I was 36 years old and being zapped into menopause was not a breeze either.
Just is tougher for some women than others. I will say it definetly runs in our family, so I am happy you are going to see a Dr. Let him know the family history. I hope they have ways to take care of the problem.
Happy to hear Jason got the house.
take care and let me know how you come out at the DR. Luv Grandma
Megs,
We've all been there so go ahead and talk to us. We are family after all. I had pains like that. a lot of what I thought was period related was actually my gall bladder. I hope you find something to help you deal with it. I ended up taking naproxen and that helped a lot.
Post a Comment