CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

.::Pretend like it's the Weekend::.

"Can't you see that its just raining? Ain't no need to go outside... but Baby, you hardly even notice when I try to show you this song is meant to keep ya from doing what your supposed to, like waking up too early. Maybe we can sleep in. I'll make you banana pancakes; pretend like its the weekend now. We could pretend it all the time..."

~Jack Johnson, Banana Pancakes ~

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I Rap to Survive

Ok, so as some of you may have seen on Facebook, I've been writing legal songs lately. This is just one of the three I've come up with so far. This was a solo attempt at a law school hit. The song is based off the immortal Michael Jackson's ditty "Ditry Diana." This is my tribute not only to the king of pop, but to the suck that is student loans. Enjoy:

Dirty Money
by Megan Young, 1L Juris Doctor Candidate

Oh No . . .Oh No . . .Oh No . . .
You wanna make me conflict
But I have an interest in that
I know your every move
So won't you just let me be
I've been here times before
But I was too blind to see
That you seduce attorneys
This time you won't seduce me
He’s saying that's ok
Hey counsel do what you please
I have the money you want
I am the client you need
He looked me deep in the eyes
Then put his hands on me
I said you can’t do that,
Cuz it’s a battery!
Dirty Money, Nah
Dirty Money, Nah
Dirty Money, No
Dirty Money
Pay my fee!
Oh No . . .Oh No . . .Oh No . . .
He hates the boys in blue
He knows when they’re on the scene
He’s gotta keep a lookout
Because his money’s not clean
He waits outside of the firm
For those who have prestige
Who promise
Fortune and fame... a life of clemency
He's saying that's ok
Hey counsel do what you want
I'm in your jurisdiction
Help me avoid conviction
And he don't care what I say
I say you go too far
But I’ll take your money for now
Until I pass the bar!
Dirty Money, Nah
Dirty Money, Nah
Dirty Money, No
Dirty Money . . .Dirty Money, Nah
Dirty Money, Nah
Dirty Money, No
Dirty Money . . .Money!
Money!
Dirty Money!
It's Mon . . .mon . . .ey . . .Come On!
He said I have to go to the docks
For a transaction you see
But I hate goin' alone
Why Don't You Come With me
I Said conflict of interest
I could get disbarred
He said it’s no big deal
He knows the security guard
Then he walked up to me,
Said the money’s all yours tonight
At that I thought of my loan
And my financial plight
I said I’m coming with you,
So I can pay off my debt,
He said I’ll get you paid
But eliminate the threats!
Dirty Money, Nah
Dirty Money, Nah
Dirty Money, Nah
Dirty Money, No
Dirty Money, Nah
Dirty Money, Nah
Dirty Money, Nah
Dirty Money . . .Come On!
Come On!
Come On!
Come On!...
Here's the original video in case you need the background music to get your through the tune of the song:

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I don't get it, but rap is not my thing. As long as you have fun and it gives you a break, then go with it!

.::Me & My Fiance::.

.::Me & My Fiance::.
The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for.

Let the Countdown Begin!