CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

.::Pretend like it's the Weekend::.

"Can't you see that its just raining? Ain't no need to go outside... but Baby, you hardly even notice when I try to show you this song is meant to keep ya from doing what your supposed to, like waking up too early. Maybe we can sleep in. I'll make you banana pancakes; pretend like its the weekend now. We could pretend it all the time..."

~Jack Johnson, Banana Pancakes ~

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Moot Court


Hey everyone!

I know it's been a while, but this semester has literally been INSANE! I start finals beginning of May, so please keep me in your prayers as I finish off my first year!

I figured I'd let everyone know that I've been invited to become a member of Pepperdine's 2010-2011 Interschool Moot Court Competition Team. I am 1 out of 22 team members and there were over 120 applicants! I'm pretty excited about the opportunity and am looking forward to arguing my cause.

I've already been assigned my partner (a Harvard grad) and my competition: the Robert Wagner National Labor & Employment Law Competition in New York City. The competition will be held in Manhattan around the second week in March. See the link below for more info:

http://www.nyls.edu/academics/jd_programs/moot_court/robert_f_wagner_national_labor_and_employment_law_moot_court_competition

My professor and Moot Court Adviser wrote me this:

Welcome to the Team, Megan! You have entered a whole new level of competition and I know you are UP for it! You and Brittney are a dynamite team. The Wagner Competition is a special one.............46+ teams usually and in New York City in March! We will prepare you well, but you and Brittney will do all the work.......:)


I am also running for Vice President of the Environmental Law Society and will find out whether I'm elected May 3. Once classes are over I'm going to visit Michigan, begin working for Judge Robert Kwan in Orange Co. bankruptcy court and then I'll also be submitting a writing to try to make it onto the Pepperdine Law Review - which is the most prestigious extra-curricular activity. It's been a busy year and I've learned a lot. I'm looking forward to next year and marrying Jason next summer. Everything seems to be falling into place and I couldn't be happier... or more stressed. lol. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers. Love you guys!


xoxo

2 comments:

Jackie said...

congrats again!! Good that they have a web site. You can look up past video and get a good insight to what teams have done in the past!
Know that we pray for you everyday and know God will help you find the path you are meant to follow. You are doing a great job and we couldn't be prouder of you!

Colleen said...

HEY I knew you could do it! We are proud of your accomplishments and know that it takes alot of hard work and self-discipline. I know that it is stressful, but I think there is stress wherever one goes.... it is how one handles it and you seem to be handling it well.Wishing you the best and have a great time in MI. Luv U

.::Me & My Fiance::.

.::Me & My Fiance::.
The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for.

Let the Countdown Begin!