
Well everyone, I made it to the island safely (despite traffic in Seattle, a late ferry, and an unscheduled stop on Lopez Island). The staff at San Juan Safaris seems great and I will begin working tomorrow morning. The first expedition of the year will be tomorrow afternoon and I really look forward to seeing the local wildlife again. So far it's been chilly and overcast. As soon as the weather gets nicer I want to go to Lime Kiln Point and hang out. I've already unpacked all my stuff and was pleased to find that cable is included in our rent. My landlord Rob seems super sweet. I still haven't met my roomies yet, but Mike is supposed to come to the island this afternoon. There is also a lecture on the state of Puget Sound at the Whale Museum that I am going to attend this evening. So far I've been pretty busy and I can't wait to get on the water and see some whales. I've decided to post some pics of the house and island so you all can see what it's like here.
This is San Juan Island. I live just southwest of Friday Harbor.
And this is our living room. (left)
Our wonderful kitchen. It even has a dishwasher! (right)





4 comments:
soccerCute!! Looks cozy. So nice to see the pictures. Good idea to do the blog. miss you and love you bunches!!
Hey Megs, Beginning to look cozy and cute. I think it is great that you are getting into the swing of things right away. Jackie said your landlords are and older couple. I am sure they will be great! Love your blog!!
Grandma
Looks great Megan! Nice photos. so glad you did that as your mom won't worry so much. Elleoj took the fashion world by storm! She really enjoyed having you here. I have started a blog now to keep up with everyone.
Auntie Jen
Well I read your blog and am still wiping away the tears. Geesh -- seeing what you wrote about your family really makes me regret never being so lucky as to have a daughter. Most of the time I am lucky to get a half-responsive grunt from my boys. Oh well, I love them just the same.
San Juan and your cottage look real nice. I am sure this will be a great adventure for you and you will enjoy every day.
Wishing you all the best,
Love,
Jeleen
Post a Comment