CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

.::Pretend like it's the Weekend::.

"Can't you see that its just raining? Ain't no need to go outside... but Baby, you hardly even notice when I try to show you this song is meant to keep ya from doing what your supposed to, like waking up too early. Maybe we can sleep in. I'll make you banana pancakes; pretend like its the weekend now. We could pretend it all the time..."

~Jack Johnson, Banana Pancakes ~

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Closing Time

Below: Bowling with the people from the Center for Whale Research. From left to right: Adam, Courtney, me, Erin, Katherine, Ken Balcomb, and Kathy.


Well, today is officially my last day with San Juan Safaris. It's hard to believe that the summer is pretty much over. People are leaving. The days are getting shorter and cooler. And the residents have taken off... I may not see them for a while.

I'm starting to pack up my stuff and it's amazing how, when we take a look at our lives, it boils down to "stuff." I think sometimes we get so caught up in the "stuff" that we miss what's really important in life. (Like God, family, and friends.) I guess I'm committing to my new little mantra, "Don't get stuff. Do stuff." Life isn't about wealth, possessions, or power... it's about what we do. Things fade; actions remain in the hearts of those you touch.

Sorry to be brief on this one, but here's the plan:

I get interviewed by Dan McSweeney http://www.ilovewhales.com/ for a job in Hawaii this winter on Friday. He's coming to the island that morning and will interview me before I leave to Seattle. I will probably end up staying the night in Seattle with Katherine Ayres, the poop scoop girl, and go out to lunch or breakfast the following day with a NOAA attorney friend of hers. (If she cannot get ahold of this lady I will just go strait to Vancouver.) This means I will end up at Jen's either the night of the 3rd or 4th. I will stay with Jen until next Wednesday, the 8th. I plan to leave early the 8th and drive to Redding, CA via I5. (I used to hate I5 because I thought it made me car sick... little did I know, it was just traffic on I5 that drove me insane. But that's neither here nor there.) Finally, I will drive from Redding to Shadow Hills on the 9th, most likely arriving later that evening. This will get me there before Jeleen and Paul leave for West Yellowstone. So, there's the plan for now. Of course it's subject to change.

Above: Me and Mike on the Sea Lion this August

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Hi Megs,
Sounds like you have everything lined up. We will be thinking of you on Friday and know that you will do well in the interview. I 5 can be an adventure to drive on, but it should be very pretty with the fall colors. Redding is a nice place. We have stayed there on our way to Jeleen's. I think there is a Holiday Inn right on the main rod through the city. Anyway God speed on your new road you will travel! We love you!

Jen said...

Can't wait to see you. Joelle would love for you to actually see her play soccer. Sheplays Saturday. We have a dinner thing Saturday night- it's a charity thing we committed to back in Feb at the school auction.

Jackie said...

Hey babes,
I guess the six months went pretty fast. I know you had some great experiences and time for personal growth. I'm very proud that you went for it. I'm also glad you are not so into "stuff". Does this mean we will clean out the basement when you come home! haha
I know you are looking forward to your interview on Friday. We all miss you and pray for you daily. Be careful on your drive and when you get to LA. "make wise Choices"
Love you, mom

.::Me & My Fiance::.

.::Me & My Fiance::.
The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for.

Let the Countdown Begin!