CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

.::Pretend like it's the Weekend::.

"Can't you see that its just raining? Ain't no need to go outside... but Baby, you hardly even notice when I try to show you this song is meant to keep ya from doing what your supposed to, like waking up too early. Maybe we can sleep in. I'll make you banana pancakes; pretend like its the weekend now. We could pretend it all the time..."

~Jack Johnson, Banana Pancakes ~

Monday, August 3, 2009

Superfilly Indeed!

Rachel Alexandra, my current favorite racehorse won the Haskell Invitational on Sunday. Racing has some pretty outstanding stories and hers is one for the ages. (Not to mention she's beautiful.) Here is the video of her victory. She was just off the track record and running in the mud, beating the boys yet again. In the 2009 Battle of the Sexes, Rachel Alexandra takes the win.



Jason got me tickets to the Breeder's Cup Classic in November at Santa Anita. The undefeated mare Zenyatta will be there, but Rachel is a current "no" because her owner doesn't like the synthetic tracks of the west coast. Lame. Jason and I might go to Del Mar this weekend to watch Zenyatta run. I'm looking forward to seeing this supermare, another filly for the record books. I believe Rachel's jockey will be at the Cup and so maybe I'll have to just get his autograph... we'll see what's to come. Maybe we'll get lucky and the public pressure will force Rachel's owner into letting her run. My favorite colt of the year, Quality Road, will hopefully be there too. A Rachel, Zenyatta, Quality Road trifecta would be beautiful and maybe too good to be true.

No comments:

.::Me & My Fiance::.

.::Me & My Fiance::.
The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for.

Let the Countdown Begin!