CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

.::Pretend like it's the Weekend::.

"Can't you see that its just raining? Ain't no need to go outside... but Baby, you hardly even notice when I try to show you this song is meant to keep ya from doing what your supposed to, like waking up too early. Maybe we can sleep in. I'll make you banana pancakes; pretend like its the weekend now. We could pretend it all the time..."

~Jack Johnson, Banana Pancakes ~

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes


Hey family,

Long time no post... as usual. I've been super busy with classes. I just wrote a brief for my appellate advocacy class about the 14th amendment and now I have two other papers due at the end of November for my Sustainability and Negotiation classes. (I'm writing about salmon farms for sustainability and whale watching NOAA regulations for negotiation.) I also participate in a mock trial this Wednesday for my trial practice class (I'm the prosecution in a murder case). I give my oral argument for my brief in appellate advocacy next week Thursday and then I need to work on my journal article in my spare time... that one is about killer whales in captivity. So, as I'm sure you can tell, I'm insanely busy. Finally, I accepted a job for this summer in the Orange County District Attorney's office. I don't know my unit assignment yet, but I requested murder. I'll let you all know how that ends up once I get the official word.

I'm really looking forward to my family coming out for California for Christmas as I've been a bit homesick hearing about Mikie's sports without being able to be home. In the meantime, I thought I'd share some of our fall celebrations with you. The weather has been pretty mild lately and we've been getting into the fall spirit as we look forward to handing out candy next weekend to the neighborhood kids.
I made some cupcakes this afternoon. I'm calling them pumpkin pie cupcakes (not too creative I know). I was hoping to use cinnamon cake mix, but ended up having to use vanilla since the store didn't have cinnamon. I bought a pumpkin pie and then cut it up into small pieces and then layered the cupcake papers with: vanilla cake mix, pumpkin pie, and then more vanilla cake mix. I cooked them like normal cupcakes and then frosted them with cream cheese frosting. They aren't the healthiest things, but they sure tasted good and were perfect for fall. The boys are eating them as I write...

2 comments:

Colleen said...

They look delicious! Wish I was there to sample them. We had a laid back day... Gene and I played Scrabble and I did win a few games, but he win's the majority of the time.Weather was cold and rainy today so I suppose there is snow in the mountains. sounds like you are super busy, tke a little time to enjoy as it goes by so fast. XXXOOO

Jackie said...

Good job Megan!! I love seeing you so happy, busy but happy! It has been a ice fall here too. Fall is my favorite! Good luck with all you school work. We pray for you daily and are looking forward to Christmas! :)

.::Me & My Fiance::.

.::Me & My Fiance::.
The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for.

Let the Countdown Begin!