CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

.::Pretend like it's the Weekend::.

"Can't you see that its just raining? Ain't no need to go outside... but Baby, you hardly even notice when I try to show you this song is meant to keep ya from doing what your supposed to, like waking up too early. Maybe we can sleep in. I'll make you banana pancakes; pretend like its the weekend now. We could pretend it all the time..."

~Jack Johnson, Banana Pancakes ~

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

New Roomie

"Every artist dips his brush into his own soul and paints his own nature into his pictures."
.::Henry Ward Beecher::.
Nicole is moving in tomorrow and I'm sooooooooooo excited! It will be really nice to have a girl in the house! I've been keeping busy painting, redecorating the cottage, and making room for Nicole. This is gonna be a pretty short post because I really just wanted to get some more pics of paintings up... so here they are:
This is Purple Mountains Majesty. I wanted to do something a bit more abstract so I could experiment with color shading and values. I didn't want to do it with detail so I ended up with this. The whale is an adult bull named T-14, Pender. Transients are known to travel solo, so it makes sense that this is Pender.


This is called Active Pass. Active Pass is an actual location north of Swanson Channel. That area is a favorite location of J-pod and they tend to breach and play in the currents there at the end of the pass. So this painting was meant to showcase that play time.


Below is Sunset Voyage with one of my favorite animals, Ruffles. His fin is so fun to paint with it's wavy pattern... makes it more difficult to mess up. This painting is one of my favs and I don't think I'll be getting rid of it. However, the above paintings are up for bid with the regular tribal discount. hahaha.



Hope all is well with everyone. I'm anxious for the summer and better weather to get here. I dropped off the painting to the post office and they really liked it. They said they can't wait until the whale research team sees it. I'm getting more confident with my painting skills, but not enough to paint anything but whales. hahaha. They're pretty easy to draw, which makes them easier to paint. I might branch out and my confidence grows, but I'm not making any promises.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Like the new paintings. It does look like you are improving. As long as you like doing it, just enjoy it! I also like the little girl/angel pictures you are posting. They would look good in my bathroom. love and miss you bunches!!

.::Me & My Fiance::.

.::Me & My Fiance::.
The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for.

Let the Countdown Begin!