CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

.::Pretend like it's the Weekend::.

"Can't you see that its just raining? Ain't no need to go outside... but Baby, you hardly even notice when I try to show you this song is meant to keep ya from doing what your supposed to, like waking up too early. Maybe we can sleep in. I'll make you banana pancakes; pretend like its the weekend now. We could pretend it all the time..."

~Jack Johnson, Banana Pancakes ~

Thursday, November 12, 2009

A New Hope


Well, I am pleased to say that it could be official that J28 had her first known calf yesterday (11/11/09). The baby is referred to as J46. This is the fifth calf this year! (A major improvement from the 1 surviving calf of last year.) This is J Pod's third calf of the year and L Pod has had two confirmed births. We were blessed with J44, who is Polaris's little brother (born in Feb) and now it seems as if she has added to her family with this new little one.

There is some speculation that the calf is sired by L57, a male who died last winter, since he seemed to spend a significant amount of time with J28. He was a favorite around the islands and people are quick to hope he could live on in this little one.

I'm praying the calf makes it through the winter, as November is a hard month to be born in, but I have faith that I'll get to meet this little one soon. I was pretty excited over the news and am happy that this year was a positive one for the SRKWs. With death comes new life and this little guy is extra special to me since I saw its mother when she was a baby.

Classes are going well. I took my first final exam today and feel like I did well on it. Baby J46 sure has reminded me why I'm here and what I'm hoping to one day fight for!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Well, I hope all goes well over the winter and you get to meet, possibly put in a name for the calf.

Glad school is going well. Know that we are very proud of you and happy with the choices you are making!

love and miss you bunches!! :)

.::Me & My Fiance::.

.::Me & My Fiance::.
The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for.

Let the Countdown Begin!